Wednesday, September 23, 2009

BK, Have it Their Way

Saturday was a great day to use a small opening in my schedule to see the Bishop Kearney Kings football team. They were taking on their close neighbor the Eastridge Lancers. I didn't expect a good game, I was there to see the outstanding college prospects on the BK team. I had heard a lot about their QB, WR, TE, and RB/LB.

I was only able to stay for the first half because I had a wedding reception to go to. I did get the shots I wanted in the small amount of time I had. Here are some of those great recruits in action.

The Kings running back and linebacker Quentin Gause (32) was impressive on both sides of the ball. He is a solid running back with size that can break multiple tackles every run. On the defensive side he is all over the field creating havoc with his speed and strength. He had 19 tackles and forced a fumble in this game.

Another outstanding player on the Kings team is wide receiver Blair Roberts (5). He is tall with good speed and has a knack for grabbing the ball over any defender.

The quarterback that's job is to get Roberts the ball is senior Jake Meek (3). Not only is he great at throwing the ball but incredible at avoiding tacklers and running it himself.

On the other side of the field from Roberts is another incredible receiver Quinton Washington (1). After a short pass, Quinton tacks on another 20 yards.

Last but not least is Jerome Lewis (15), he is a D1 recruit who has already verbally commited to Virginia Tech. Lewis plays TE and is unbelievable in a small space and can create yardage that shouldn't be there. He also plays on the defensive side and gets large amount of tackles like Gause.


Football Gallery: BK v. Eastridge

No comments: