Thursday, October 8, 2009

Busy Week of October Sports

As usual, I am running way behind because of a ton of photos and work this week. I am bunching the last week of shoots together to get me caught up. I am really trying to fit in the rest of the GC sports so no one is left out and increase my galleries on MaxPreps. I also am shooting other schools and working with a few papers and that is also taking away some of my time for this blog.

Last blog I mentioned shooting soccer Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday was a day of shooting cross country. I was able to shoot my first running of the year and it took a toll on the whole week. The number of photos and edits took so long to finish it backed up all the rest of my galleries for the week. Anyways, check out the boys and girls varsity cross country shots by going to the gallery down below. The teams included the Gates-Chili Spartans, Pittsford Mendon Vikings, Batavia Blue Devils, Greece Odyssey Leopards, and Churchville-Chili Saints. The meet took place in Greece at Basil Marella Park.

Thursday and Friday were days off due to weather and a cancellation but still I was behind on my edits. Saturday, I woke up early and shot Gates girls soccer as they took on the Hilton Cadets. As I arrived, I noticed that one of the Hilton players was on the ground being tended to. The Hilton goalie was hurt during pre-game and left the field for medical care. Hilton used there back-up and Gates took advantage to win 2-0.

After the soccer game was homecoming football at Gates-Chili as they welcomed Irondequoit in for a 3:00 pm game. The game was as expected and Gates took a big lead with their powerful running game. On a side note, Irondequoit's starting QB did not dress for the game and GC's defense harassed the back-up all game. The end score was Spartans 34, Eagles 0.

Sunday I was up early again to a cloudy, rainy day of Chili Lions football. I shot two games and went right home to continue on with my edits.


Monday, I wanted to get one more gallery of tennis before their season ended. I was able to photograph a few sets of Gates first round sectional match against Greece Lightning which combines Arcadia and Olympia. They ended up moving on in their bracket with a 6-1 win.

Tuesday, I knew East Rochester field hockey was going to be playing Gates at home and wanted to get some shots of this amazing team. They have been the top team in this area and New York state for a while now. I knew the game would not be close as GC lost 9-0.


Finally a break and I am almost caught up!



Girls Soccer: GC v. Hilton

Football Gallery: GC v. Irondequoit

Football Gallery: Chili Lions

Tennis Sectionals: GC v. Greece

Field Hockey Gallery: GC v. ER

No comments: