Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Saturday Part 1

Had a very long day of photography Saturday. I started at 9:00 am at RIT's Gordon Field House for the high school track and field event. The RIT Invitational contained many teams in and outside of Monroe County. I have never shot inside the field house so I just tryed to keep all the distractions out and shoot one thing at a time. Anyone who has been to one of these meets knows the commotion of all the different events going on at once.

I found myself trying to shoot as many Gates Chili participants as possible. This meant shooting the pole vault and then a 3200 meter runner as they passed me where I stand. It did get very crazy trying to get all the GC athletes, but I did my best. I also tryed to shoot some of the better athletes as they participated because you could possibly see these kids in an olympic setting sometime in the future. You never know.

Anyways it was very difficult because of the dim lighting, but a few photos came out relatively well with some noise ninja applied. I had to leave early (2 pm) because I had to be at the Chocolate Ball at 4:30 pm and still needed to charge the batteries and get dressed up. You can read about the ball in Super Saturday Part 2....






No comments: