Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hockey Sectionals at Thomas Creek

Gates-Chili moved on to play Fairport after beating Brighton a few days ago. I drove to Thomas Creek Ice rink after shooting wrestling super sectionals in the morning at RIT. I was torn between shooting the wrestling finals and this game between Fairport and Gates. I felt the the last two weekends I had taken a ton of wrestling photos and needed to catch the hockey game.

Anyways, I was very happy with the decision I made because it was one of the best games I had seen all year in any sport. Fairport took control after Gates scored early. The Red Raiders scored the next three goals making the score 3-1 entering the third period. You could see that the Spartans wanted to put some pressure on early to get back in the game and they did. About a minute into the third period Gates scored two quick goals to make a 3-3 tie. The teams struggled to get the upper hand and ended up going into overtime. Gates Chili's season ended about three minutes into the OT on a deflected shot from the point. Good luck to Fairport and congrats to Gates Chili for a great year.






Sectional Gallery: Fairport v. Gates Chili

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun ... lol. I just love it when the players get too defensive ... lol.