Friday, May 29, 2009

Yellowstone Trip--Day 1 (May 17th)

Finally, we are back from our vaction to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. I decided to break up the week long trip into days to give me some time to finish photos. I took over 1500 photos and about an hour and a half of camcorder footage(most by Melyssa). I have slowly been editing photos, starting with the wildlife pics.

This will be an easy post because we started our trip at midnight and not many pictures were taken. I drove in darkness until somewhere in Indiana for about 6 hours on I-90 (almost all of our driving is on I-90). Melyssa slept that whole time and I woke her up about 9 hours in when we were just getting into Chicago. We switched after the big city and she drove until Mitchell, South Dakota. This is where we stayed for the night in a nice hotel with a giant waterslide. We stopped only for gas and food and even saw the biggest green giant in the country. It was in Blue Earth, Minnesota and we took a few pictures with Melyssa posing in a few like the one below. See Melyssa at the giant's feet for size comparison.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Chris!! Great Shot!

Matt said...

Great stuff!