Monday, November 17, 2008

First Hockey Shoot of the Year

Had a request from a hockey coach that I had done previous work for during the baseball season (Chili Youth Baseball). He was now coaching a Squirt Hockey team from Scottsville (Ice Hawks). I definitely wanted to get out to a few rinks before Gates-Chili hockey season began, this was a great opportunity.

The game took place in Scottsville Ice Rink, where I had played many years ago just a few times. I shot with my Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS USM lens. I did start with a 1.4x teleconverter but needed to add some shutter speed so I took it off and brought the lens back to a 2.8. I shot around 1/500 ss, 1600 iso, and 2.8 aperture. Here are few shots from the game.

Desperately waiting for the referee to drop the puck.

Skating the puck out of the zone.

Great toe save by the goalie going side to side.

Another great goalie save, this time with the stick.


The rest of the pictures from the game are here Scottsville Ice Hawks

No comments: